Thursday, July 12, 2007

Crafts for all



It is done.
And you know what? At the end it wasn’t so difficult to do. I think it is just me, and my rebellion for a new yarn that I didn’t knew anything about. Now let me make you a tour of the Sts that I made!
In the middle you can see some cables twisting everywhere, yes I’m joking. In this pattern I only used the purl st that is the easiest st to use, for me that I’m a Portuguese knitter. Yes I knit with the yarn around my neck; I’ve tried the other methods, and let me tell you I think this one is the best!
But that is a story for other post.
Now let’s go for some nostalgic moments.

All this work, and much more that I left in Portugal, The containers weren’t so cheap, and we had to select what to bring, is from my mother.
She had the ability of working with crochet, like no other. The yarn was always, I don’t know maybe nº 24 or something smaller, and I’m not going to talk about the needles, around that size also ( but the opposite number).

I’m trying to pick up her work and trying to do some things for my house with a modern look.
Let’s see what happens!
Like they say here, in Cape Town,
See you now, now

3 comments:

  1. Your mother did those? They are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crochet pieces, especially the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete