25 August 2008

Maria



Long time no post!



But there is a reason for that; I’ve been knitting and crochet, and keeping me away more from the computer. I am thirsty to see all my works done. The ones already in needles, and the others that are in my mind.



So without any delay I present you Maria!
In Honor to my Mother Maria



Now let’s go to the story…



This pink coat was made by my mother, many, many moons ago. I was still at school. I still have it, I still wear it, and I simple love it.







Since I like this coat so much, and since I had that thicker grey yarn, that I was trying to do the Gilmore vest with it, I thought this yarn was perfect just to make a smaller coat.
And using the new methods from today (like no seam).




I’ve made this one, first the sleeves, and then put them aside.



Then I did the body, starting at the bottom and went up to the neck, in the middle I joining the sleeves, and that was it.






I was worried about the yarn, if it wasn’t enough, but at the end it was more that I needed!


Purl1, knit6, Purl1, basic stitch pattern.
Made the raglan sleeves.





I like it. I like it a lot.
And I’m happy, since the weather here is still cold.


Next post it will be about some Vest in crochet that is almost done.

Stay tuned…

XXXX



.

3 comments:

Suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks great! Now for a chorus of "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" !! ;-)

anxiousknitter said...

You did a beautiful job on the gray sweater. A wonderful tribute to the pink coat!

How is your family?

Ruth's Place said...

You are so clever!!! The grey cardigan is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram
Follow

Blog Archive

Surprise me!

Postnet Suite 258
Private bag X29
Somerset West
Western Cape
7130 South Africa

.