Monday, April 21, 2008

Deep breathe...

I’ve been quiet on this side.
Sometimes life doesn’t go has plan…


Luckily I found out ,for me, that is very relaxing to make crochet.
Long time ago, in some blog, I read the difference between crochet and knitting, and why do people that chose just to do one type of craft, don’t get along very well with the other people that chose the opposite. Well for me it really doesn’t work. I like knitting, crochet, sewing (not doing that so much lately), working with felt fabric, and so on, guess I’m a multitask crafter.
But when I get stressed, I can get my relaxation in crochet. Maybe because I always knew how to do it, or because the patterns are much easy to follow, and maybe because they are in all times small projects.


So that is why I’m doing some squares of 12’’, they say, in my measure it only goes to 10’’! This is a crochet along, once a month in Ravelry.


Every month they do a post about the block of the month. I have chosen to do all of them in red, using white in contrasting color, when the block calls for a second color. Very romantic this is going to be!


I’ve also made the replace bag that was stolen from me. Not using the same colors and yarn (don’t have any in my LYS). But using an Australian yarn that was sent to me by a swap.



See what I mean, much more productive in crochet then in knitting.
Although I have to do some pair of socks for the SAM5, but that is another story.


I’ve had some bad news from Portugal, my father is in hospital, he went in a very critical condition, but now it has stabilized. (Seems like my 2008 year isn’t going so well). The medical condition is a septicemia. That I informed in the net, it is a very critical infection. There is a cure, but the patient must also be cooperative.
And for me to make a trip there, is almost impossible. But in case of emergency, that must be done. For now I will wait, with my hooks, for the upcoming news, from there.


Cross fingers, and positive vibrations.
I’m also trying not to go down; I’ve got to little girls in my house, that wouldn’t understand, why mummy is always crying, so you can see that a lot of straight has been holding on this side.

I may post less then I normally do.
Back to life…

10 comments:

  1. Your squares and bag are lovely. I really enjoy reading your blog. Sorry to hear about your father and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristina, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I will send many positive vibes.
    You do beautiful crochet work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your father! I will send good vibes your way. Bag and the squares are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I'll be thinking of you, wishing all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I am very sorry about your father. Hope he will get well very soon. I can imagine that it is twice so hard if you can't be with him. On a distance things may apear worse than they are. Hope you can visit him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live far away from my parent too, so I can really understand how you feel. I hope he will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first crochet square... the one that crochets in the rounds... and I also just love the pink dish cloth with the sun and flowers. I tried finding these patterns on Ravelry and couldn't. Could you clue me in on where these patterns are? I would very much appreciate it! My e-mail is leslie41447@yahoo.com
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding another comment. My father lives 1,000 miles from me and is in a care home. He has advanced alzheimers. I know how you feel... anxious... sad... frustrated. I keep a stash of money for the day when I will have to make that sudden flight to California. I hope your father remains stable and you see him again soon. Hang on to your two little girls... they'll give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cristina, I'm so sorry to hear your dad is ill -- I wish all the best for him, and for you -- it is hard to be far from your family at a time like this. I'm glad to see you are still creating beautiful things: the squares are lovely. The best gesture we can make against entropy is just to carry on making stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My best to you and your Dad. I am sure everything will be ok. I totally understand how it is to live so far away. I think about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete